So earlier today we got back from an incredible week of field-tripping (lots of tripping on Alice's part) in which we:
- Saw a POLAR BEAR!... the only field trip group this year and the first time in 5 years for our lecturer!
- Saw Walruses!
- Spotted loads of Puffins
- Had a pod of 8/9 White Whales swim past our camp
- Sent postcards from the worlds most northerly post office (Ne Alesund)
- Drank a beer (or two... maybe three...) in the most northern pub!
- Visited the abandoned and very creepy Russian mining town of Pyramiden
- Drove around loads in Zodiacs (inflatable boats) which meant donning the very fetching survival suits
- Casually soaked in a hot tub while anchored by a Glacier
- Took hundreds of photographs
- ... oh and I guess a bit of work here and there... mostly digging and looking... proudly
- Plus loads more!