Hey! so after arriving in the arctic on thursday night (if you can call it that!) the last two days have flown by! After surviving a polar bear attack (from the comfort of our halls and a distance of 25 miles) we have so far:
- Posed as residents of a 5 star hotel to get a free breakfast
- Been very confused by the midnight sun
- Walked into town and bought a sandwich (definitely worth a mention)
- Been suitably shocked at how expensive everything is!
- Cooked a whale bolognese... quarried over the ethics, but it's cheap protein... and cheap won out!
- Finally connected to the internet
- Met loads of cool people from all over the world!
- Attended the infamous "friday gathering" at the uni, drinking 10 Krone (£1.20) beers
- Paid 46 Krone (£5.48) for a Carlsberg at a bar
- Slept loads
- Climbed up to an abandoned coal mine and explored
- Took lots of pictures